This information is not available in this time, please check back later.
Sign Up to receive email updates about news, events, & more!
Services & Referrals
Please click on the items listed below to get more information
- Legal Services
- Free legal help is available through the Senior Law Center for the following cases: Elder Abuse, Housing, Abusive Guardianship, DSS Assistance, Medicaid/Medicare, Social Security/SSI, Nursing Homes, and Spousal abuse. To schedule an appointment call (810) 234-2621.
- Loan Closet
- The center has a medical loan closet. Loan closet hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00am -12:00pm. We have crutches, walkers, canes, and elevated toilet seats. If you are in need of medical equipment call the center for more information. We also take donations, so if you have equipment that you are not sure what to do with, please donate them to the center.
Contact the center for information regarding loans or if you would like to donate a durable medical supply.
- Come check out our new library! Everything we have is from generous donations-Thank You! We ask that you sign in each time you visit. If you would like to donate Contact the center.
- Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
- MMAP has volunteers available to assist you with questions, bills, or statements from Medicare or Medicaid. They can also assist in counseling on Medicare Part D Prescription Program.
Call the center for an appointment.Contact the center for more information.
- Tax Assistance
- The Grand Blanc Senior Center offers free income tax preparation every Wednesday beginning the 1st Wednesday of February through the Wednesday before the tax deadline.
- Senior Dental Program
- The Michigan dental Association provides free comprehensive dental care to eligible seniors 65 & over. All care is provided by licensed Michigan dentists. For more information and qualifications call (800) 589-2632
- Farmers Home Administration Loans
- Loans are provided at 1% on home repairs such as roofs, windows, ramps, etc. through the 504 Loans grant Program. For more information call (810) 230-8766.
- AARP Older Workers Program
- This federally funded work-training program is operated by AARP. To apply you must be 55 or older with low income. Program participants are placed in minimum wage positions with a nonprofit organization with the goal of finding a higher-paying position outside the program. Call (810) 766-1470 for more information.
- Heating Assistance
- Michigan seniors, low-income families, and unemployed resident?s can apply for assistance in paying utility bills. Contact Consumer?s Energy @1-800-477-505 for more information.
- KISS Program
- KISS stands for Keeping Independent Seniors Safe and is designed to assist older adults live safely and securely in their own homes. KISS provides a daily check for people 55 and older by having the participants call the KISS office each day to verify their safety. If a participant fails to call in, emergency procedures are immediately put in place. For more information call or to participate, call (810) 239-7671.
- Talking Books
- If you know someone that is unable to read regular print then call the Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled @ (810) 732-1120.
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer in men over 50 is unfortunately common. It is vitally important that you get tested. If you can not afford to be tested contact Hurley Medical Center Geriatric Outreach @ (810) 767-3600.
- Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Mott Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic, located on the 2nd floor of the Mott Building (1401 E. Court St.) offers dental hygiene services at a minimal cost to anyone 55 or older. To schedule an appointment call (810) 762-0493.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Michigan's Long Term Care Ombudsman is the voice for residents of nursing homes, homes for the aged, and adult foster care homes. They answer your questions and concerns regarding quality of life and quality of care in licensed long term care facilities.
- Open Computer Time
- Please call the office for available times
- Emergency Cell Phones
- The center has used cell phones available. These phones are for 911 use only, but they are wonderful to carry in your car in case of an emergency.
- Medicare Savings Program
- There is help for low-income seniors who are eligible for Medicare. The Medicare Savings Program pays the Medicare Part B premium for eligible seniors. For more information and to find out if you qualify, call 1-800-803-7174 extension 247.
- Vision Assistance
- Free eye care for persons 65 and older. For free comprehensive medical eye exam, and up to one year of treatment for conditions diagnosed through the exam by Eye Care America. For more information, call 1-800-222-3937.
- Lawyers for Wills & Trusts
- Francine Cullari is a local lawyer that specializes in wills and trusts. For more information, call (810) 695-7400.
- Veteran's Aid & Attendance Pension
- The VA's best kept secret -- Aid and Attendance Pension. For more information, call Joseph N. Vitale at American Retirement Planning & Benefits, Inc., American Retirement Solutions at (810) 667-9360 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Genesee County Humane Society Golden Friendship
- Through this program, senior citizens may adopt qualified pets (adult and sterilized) at no cost. Seniors who own and interact with pets are often happier, healthier, and less lonely. If you would like to volunteer, adopt, or donate to the Humane Society, call (810) 744-0511.
- GCCARD Weatherization Program
- The Genesee County Community Action Resource Department has a weatherization program that can help save you $$. This is an income qualified program:
Family of 1: $15,600 yearly income
Family of 2: $21,000 yearly income
Some items you may obtain are:
For more information call (810) 768-4675